Green Button Initiative
Green button data is a term used to refer to a type of energy data that is made available to utility customers. This data is provided in a format that is easy to understand and is intended to help customers better understand their energy consumption patterns.
How does it Work?
The data that is provided can be used in a variety of ways; to help customers identify areas where they can reduce their energy usage, to compare their energy usage to that of similar households, or to monitor the performance of solar panels or other energy-saving devices.
- Meters capture your energy data which is collected by your utility.
- Your utility converts the data into the Green Button format.
With a simple and secure process, customers will be able to securely download or connect (share) their energy usage data.
Green Button Download My Data (DMD)
Green Button Download My Data® (DMD) is an initiative aimed at enabling utility customers to download their energy consumption data in a standardized format. The idea behind this initiative is to provide customers with easy access to their energy usage information, which can help them make informed decisions about their energy consumption habits and save money on their utility bills.
DMD is based on the Green Button standard, which was developed by the Department of Energy (DOE) in collaboration with utilities, software companies, and consumer groups. This standard allows customers to securely download their energy data in a standardized XML format, which can be easily used by third-party software applications.
- Customers can use this information to determine which appliances are using the most energy and adjust their usage accordingly.
- Additionally, DMD can help customers track their energy usage over time and set goals for reducing their consumption.
Green Button Connect My Data (CMD)
Green Button Connect My Data® (CMD) is an industry-leading standard for securely sharing energy data. The platform enables utilities to securely and easily share energy usage data with third-party service providers such as home energy management systems, electric vehicle charging systems, and other energy applications.
By adopting the Green Button Connect My Data standard, we empower customers to make more informed decisions about their energy usage, while also promoting the development of innovative, new energy applications and services.
- Commercial or industrial customers with multiple locations across different utility territories can access and analyze energy usage data from all sites in a consistently standardized format.
- If you are considering installing or have installed solar panels on your home or business, you can connect the solar company to your Green Button usage data to analyze the return on your solar panel investment and make informed decisions about future investments.
Learn more about the Green Button Initiative and how it works today at https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-in....